Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Italian Horror

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mmyers

mmyers

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:56 pm

I researched this book a while back and it sounds like a really shallow and ill researched book. I don't know why anyone with a remote interest in Italian horror would start with 1979. It just seems absurdly stupid to me. tongue

Last edited by Colonel Mortimer on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
mmyers

mmyers

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
It's a book on Italian horror... how could you not know whether or not it's exploitation.
I did not know all Italian was exploitation.

Quote :
Anyway I researched this book a while back and it sounds like a really shallow and ill researched book. I don't know why anyone with a remote interest in Italian horror would start with 1979. It just seems absurdly stupid to me.
Oh man, that sucks. lol.
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:50 am

I just read the back and He said he chose that timeline because he felt that was the best period for Italian Horror.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:04 am

mmyersisgod wrote:
I just read the back and He said he chose that timeline because he felt that was the best period for Italian Horror.

Shocked
Count me out. That's when most Italian horror film makers stopped giving a shit... plus no Bava etc. I guess he chose that time period due to the gore quota going up around then.

I guess it'd still be sort of interesting but the 60s and 70s would be by far the most interesting to talk about.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
mmyers

mmyers

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:07 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
mmyersisgod wrote:

Shocked
Count me out. That's when most Italian horror film makers stopped giving a shit... plus no Bava etc. I guess he chose that time period due to the gore quota going up around then.

I guess it'd still be sort of interesting but the 60s and 70s would be by far the most interesting to talk about.
I agree, but it should still be a fun read...I hope.
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:26 am

It was amateur, but still a fun time.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:46 am

mmyersisgod wrote:
It was amateur, but still a fun time.

It is what it is.

As basically a collection of artwork, there's not much to glean from it.

I scanned all the images into my computer to use as wallpaper.

So at least it served a purpose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:39 am

mmyersisgod wrote:
Colonel Mortimer wrote:
It's a book on Italian horror... how could you not know whether or not it's exploitation.
I did not know all Italian was exploitation.

All Italian horror isn't necessarily exploitation (imo) but a good amount is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Italian Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Italian Horror   Italian Horror Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Italian Horror
Page 1 of 1