Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Film Production Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave
Admin
Dave

Film Production Thread Empty
PostSubject: Film Production Thread   Film Production Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:05 am

Every once and awhile someone will post something about a film they are making and/or have made.

I know at least three people here that are (in some way) active in the art of filmmaking.

So here's a thread for that kind of stuff.

Post away...
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Film Production Thread   Film Production Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Nice timing! I was considering making a thread like this yesterday.

Here's some color correction stuff I was working on. I had some footage and wanted to try make it look like a late 50s Hammer film with its over saturated colors etc (of course though a late 50s Hammer film would never be that wide in scope.

Film Production Thread Original

Film Production Thread Post

Film Production Thread Untitled3

Doesn't look like much has been done to it but I spent quite a while on trying to get that look. Most color corrections tools really overdo the enhancements and they often end up looking silly, so I tried to restrain it a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Film Production Thread   Film Production Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:32 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Nice timing! I was considering making a thread like this yesterday.

Here's some color correction stuff I was working on. I had some footage and wanted to try make it look like a late 50s Hammer film with its over saturated colors etc (of course though a late 50s Hammer film would never be that wide in scope.

Doesn't look like much has been done to it but I spent quite a while on trying to get that look. Most color corrections tools really overdo the enhancements and they often end up looking silly, so I tried to restrain it a bit.

What set-up are you using (Da Vinci Resolve, Jahshaka, etc)?

It shouldn't be too hard to replicate the old Hammer look. You should be able to do it just by concentrating on the vectorscope.

If you're just dicking around and trying to see what works best, you should try downloading VirtualDub (freeware). It might be basic but the color correction aspects of it work really well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Film Production Thread   Film Production Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Film Production Thread
Page 1 of 1