Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Empty
PostSubject: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:01 am

THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Streetfightera0e0

THE STREET FIGHTER:

Takuma Tsurugi is a very violent and deadly martial arts master who will commit almost any crime for money. In the opening scenes, we see him audaciously break the condemned murderer Tateki Shikenbaru out of prison by impersonating a monk, then using an ancient martial arts technique called the "oxygen coma punch" that causes delayed unconsciousness. When Shikenbaru faints while ascending the gallows, prison officials rush him to a hospital, giving Tsurugi a chance to free him at the expense of an innocent ambulance driver and a couple of guards. However, Shikenbaru's brother Gijun and sister Nachi, who hired him for the job, don't have enough money to pay him, and, when he finds out, he throws the Gijun out a high window and sells Nachi into sexual slavery.

The plot thickens when the wealthy oil tycoon Hammett dies, leaving his daughter, Sarai, as his heir. Tsurugi is sent to retrieve her from the Seibukan Karate dojo, but is soon betrayed, and the rest of the movie centers on the conflict between Tsurugi and the mob as they try to acquire Sarai's new fortune. Also, the film has several side plots: a heated feud between Tsurugi and Shikenbaru, who owes Tsurugi his life but is nonetheless bent on avenging his brother and sister; Tsurugi's new-found respect for Kendō Masaoka, a Buddha-like karate master who bests him in single combat; and the relationship between Tsurugi and his Singaporean sidekick, Rakuda Zhang, who provides both comic relief and a moment of sorrow.
(from Wiki)

Followed by, RETURN OF THE STREET FIGHTER & THE STREET FIGHTER'S LAST REVENGE.

The 1st film to ever receive an "X" rating for violence.

For my money, there's no greater badass than Sonny Chiba as the Street Fighter.

The SISTER STREET FIGHTER is another series whose title was changed to cash in on the popularity of THE STREET FIGHTER.

Chiba appears in the 1st SISTER film briefly, but as a completely different character.

Separate SISTER STREET FIGHTER thread coming soon!
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:27 pm

YES!

The X-Ray punch is amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:24 pm

BurtonOblivion wrote:
YES!

The X-Ray punch is amazing!

Very Happy

I used to have this poster about 10 years ago...
THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Streetfighterposter87f
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:21 pm

Just watched this again today. Damn this film is good. The X ray punch is awesome, as is the moment closer towards the begining where he knocks out all of that guys teeth.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Just watched this again today. Damn this film is good. The X ray punch is awesome, as is the moment closer towards the begining where he knocks out all of that guys teeth.

But it's hard to argue that this isn't the greatest of all...
Back to top Go down
aaronalive

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:58 am

The Street Fighter and The Street Fighter Returns were two of the first kung fu films I ever watched. Pretty much still my
favorites. I still have yet to see the last one. Does it equal up to the other two?

I've still never seen any of Sonny Chiba's other flicks, what would be a good one to grab up next?

PS massive bummer you don't have that poster anymore, it rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thebadmoons
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 5:12 am

aaronalive wrote:
The Street Fighter and The Street Fighter Returns were two of the first kung fu films I ever watched. Pretty much still my
favorites. I still have yet to see the last Ione. Does it equal up to the other two?

It has Reiko Ike! But I've heard it's quite toned down which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
aaronalive

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 5:18 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
aaronalive wrote:
favorites. I still have yet to see the last Ione. Does it equal up to the other two?

I just found a pretty cheap dvd set on amazon with the last one on it. I have the other two, but the set also has
sister street fighter. So I'm going to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:46 am

aaronalive wrote:
Colonel Mortimer wrote:
aaronalive wrote:

I just found a pretty cheap dvd set on amazon with the last one on it. I have the other two, but the set also has

STREETFIGHTER'S LAST REVENGE is pretty good. It's a little more cartoonish, but I like it.

SISTER STREETFIGHTER really isn't connected to the STREETFIGHTER series and Chiba doesn't play 'Terry Tsurugi.

BUT..

SISTER STREETFIGHTER does kick 31 flavors of ass!
Back to top Go down
aaronalive

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:09 pm

dolemike wrote:
aaronalive wrote:
Colonel Mortimer wrote:
aaronalive wrote:

STREETFIGHTER'S LAST REVENGE is pretty good. It's a little more cartoonish, but I like it.

SISTER STREETFIGHTER really isn't connected to the STREETFIGHTER series and Chiba doesn't play 'Terry Tsurugi.

BUT..

SISTER STREETFIGHTER does kick 31 flavors of ass!

Yeah I knew it didn't have anything t do with The Street Fighter, but none the less have heard good things about it.
Back to top Go down
The Stank of Mangina

The Stank of Mangina

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 am

I really have to get these movies i vividly remember watching the scene where he rips the dudes junk off as a kid and thinking how friggin insane it was lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)   THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE STREET FIGHTER (and sequels)
Page 1 of 1