Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STREET LAW (1974)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

STREET LAW (1974) Empty
PostSubject: STREET LAW (1974)   STREET LAW (1974) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:59 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071330/

Carlo Antonelli (Franco Nero), an engineer from Genoa, gets mugged and decides to take justice into his own hands. At first the muggers seem to get the upper hand, but then he's helped by Tommy, a young robber who takes his side.

Directed by Enzo Castellari
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

STREET LAW (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: STREET LAW (1974)   STREET LAW (1974) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Any good? I've been stocking up on Italian crime movies but haven't got this one yet.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

STREET LAW (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: STREET LAW (1974)   STREET LAW (1974) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:39 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Any good? I've been stocking up on Italian crime movies but haven't got this one yet.

Ive only seen it once and thought it was OK.

It's unquestionably inspired by DEATH WISH.

When I bought a small pile of poliziotecchi's awhile back, I think I may have had different expectations of what most of these type films would be like.

I was hoping/thinking more of them would be as incredibly badass as CONTRABAND.

Now that I've seen enough to have my expectations in check, I'll need to give some of them a rewatch, but there's a few I need to watch for the 1st time yet (Martino's GAMBLING CITY, Ercoli's LA BIDONATA).

STREET LAW's at the top of that rewatch list.
For some reason, I think it's better than I give it credit for.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

STREET LAW (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: STREET LAW (1974)   STREET LAW (1974) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Ah cool. So far I have

Revolver (Sergio Sollima!)
How to Kill a Judge (Damiano [Bullet for the General] Damiani)
La Scorta
Grand Slam

Seems like when the Spaghetti Western trend burned out most of the directors went to this genre so I'm eager to check more out.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

STREET LAW (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: STREET LAW (1974)   STREET LAW (1974) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Ah cool. So far I have

Revolver (Sergio Sollima!)
How to Kill a Judge (Damiano [Bullet for the General] Damiani)
La Scorta
Grand Slam

Seems like when the Spaghetti Western trend burned out most of the directors went to this genre so I'm eager to check more out.

I want to get HTKAJ & REVOLVER for sure some day.

I've got:

CONTRABAND (My fav. polizio. & one of my fav. Fulci flicks)

THE BIG RACKET (liked this one quite a bit too, Fabio Testi rocks!)

ALMOST HUMAN (another fav./ great psycho performance by Milian/ H.Silva's great in it too/ has elements reminiscent of HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK)

COLT .38 SPECIAL SQUAD (pretty decent)

THE LAST ROUND (pretty decent/totally reminiscent of a modern day spag. western)

A MAN CALLED MAGNUM (was decent, need to rewatch this one to reevaluate though, fell asleep twice watching it, but it wasn't the movie's fault)

GAMBLING CITY (haven't seen yet, but it sounds like it was inspired by THE STING)

LA BIDONATA- Bonus disc/comes with COLT .38 SS (haven't seen yet, Luciano Ercoli's last film/was shelved when one of the producers kids was kidnapped & considered a lost film until it was found mislabled in a box of Japanese cartoons when an Italian film journalist was programming a Jap. film festival! Shocked )

THE LAST ROUND also comes with a bonus CD called "The Eclectic Ultimate Cinadelic Experience (Funky Cops & Hard Boiled Girls)- featuring Classic Cult Scores from Legendary Italian Seventies Action Films as performed by Entropia"

It's OK, but I'd much rather have them performed by the original artists.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

STREET LAW (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: STREET LAW (1974)   STREET LAW (1974) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:27 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:

It's a lot tamer than most films of the subgenre, but it's definitely a good film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
Sponsored content

STREET LAW (1974) Empty
PostSubject: Re: STREET LAW (1974)   STREET LAW (1974) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STREET LAW (1974)
Page 1 of 1