Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....

Go down 
+3
ZebedyCostello
Dave
EddieDingle
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dave
Admin
Dave

FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:50 am

EddieDingle wrote:

Studying giallo for 12 years? Do you mind if I read your dissertation?

Please show me what he has to show for 12 years of Giallo study....

You'll be one of the first to get the book when it's finished. Sent the first four chapters off to FAB. I hope they got it by the end of submissions. They said it could take up till Spring before anyone hears anything back. So you might just get that disseration yet.

mmyers wrote:
Are you talking about this site of FTWM? Either way that should be automatic banishment.

He's just being a douche bag because I had the balls to bring something intelligent into his pointless little thread. Notice that when I actually answered his little rant with the reason WHY Grindhouse hasn't shit out the rest of their product line, he couldn't even think of a response or anything to add. He just said "I was wasted" or "you nailed it", which is the same as saying "I have nothing intelligent to say".

This guy belongs at Bloody Disgusting. He'd get along great with Disanti, Dobe and the rest of the mouthbreathers. He's outclassed and outsmarted here. Isn't Dingle here acting exactly like the kind of person we were all trying to avoid over at BD? Too funny...

I wouldn't ban him for anything he's said to me so far as it doesn't matter. But I AM locking this thread after his next response (I'll give him another shot at me - make it good Dingle) and we can get back to normal.

Something tells me this guy wants so fucking much to be our own little N2N that he won't stop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:04 am

Dave wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

Studying giallo for 12 years? Do you mind if I read your dissertation?

Please show me what he has to show for 12 years of Giallo study....

You'll be one of the first to get the book when it's finished. Sent the first four chapters off to FAB. I hope they got it by the end of submissions. They said it could take up till Spring before anyone hears anything back. So you might just get that disseration yet.

mmyers wrote:
Are you talking about this site of FTWM? Either way that should be automatic banishment.

He's just being a douche bag because I had the balls to bring something intelligent into his pointless little thread. Notice that when I actually answered his little rant with the reason WHY Grindhouse hasn't shit out the rest of their product line, he couldn't even think of a response or anything to add. He just said "I was wasted" or "you nailed it", which is the same as saying "I have nothing intelligent to say".

This guy belongs at Bloody Disgusting. He'd get along great with Disanti, Dobe and the rest of the mouthbreathers. He's outclassed and outsmarted here. Isn't Dingle here acting exactly like the kind of person we were all trying to avoid over at BD? Too funny...

I wouldn't ban him for anything he's said to me so far as it doesn't matter. But I AM locking this thread after his next response (I'll give him another shot at me - make it good Dingle) and we can get back to normal.

Something tells me this guy wants so fucking much to be our own little N2N that he won't stop.

I have to say a couple thinkgs

-Good job recommending banishment (Mmyers)...ever heard of something called free speech, something these films themselves have flourished on???

- As far as the "wasted" ordeal, I was just telling you the truth. Tell me one person who is ready to discuss economics and film a couple hours before nodding out on drugs and alcohol....

-"Nail on the head" I mean what else can I say....After looking back you wrote it very well and had some great points

-I said t before and will once again, this thread was not meant to be intelligent, it was a whiny bitchy thread

-I am being a douchebag because that is who I am online and in person. "Having the balls to bring something intelligent" doesn't say to much about oneself or how "ballsy" they are. We are talking the internet buddy, not real life

And in all seriousness, congrats on the book. I still think that comment was hilarious, but if you are taking all that time and actually doing something with it (which you should) that is great, especially something like writing a book. Once again, in all seriousness, good job (not that you care hearing that from me).

Well I suppose that is all. You can go ahead and have your final say and then lock this thread (ban freedom of speech).

PS- what is "this guy wants to be our own little N2N" mean?
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 am

EddieDingle wrote:

-Good job recommending banishment (Mmyers)...ever heard of something called free speech, something these films themselves have flourished on???

The only way anyone is EVER going to banned by me is if they derail every thread they wander into. This is not worthy of banning. You can toss insults my way constantly and it's not really going to bother me.

EddieDingle wrote:
- As far as the "wasted" ordeal, I was just telling you the truth. Tell me one person who is ready to discuss economics and film a couple hours before nodding out on drugs and alcohol....

-"Nail on the head" I mean what else can I say....After looking back you wrote it very well and had some great points

I was prodding you in the nuts with that one. WE'RE HAVING FUN AREN'T WE?!?

EddieDingle wrote:
-I said t before and will once again, this thread was not meant to be intelligent, it was a whiny bitchy thread

Doesn't mean we can't have serious discourse. Just because the majority of these films are stupid doesn't mean we have to relegate our conversation to match their intelligence level.

EddieDingle wrote:
-I am being a douchebag because that is who I am online and in person. "Having the balls to bring something intelligent" doesn't say to much about oneself or how "ballsy" they are. We are talking the internet buddy, not real life

AT least you have the balls to admit to your douche-bagginess. Hello, Dingle. I am a snob. Nice to meet you.

EddieDingle wrote:
And in all seriousness, congrats on the book. I still think that comment was hilarious, but if you are taking all that time and actually doing something with it (which you should) that is great, especially something like writing a book. Once again, in all seriousness, good job (not that you care hearing that from me).

There's nothing wrong with immersing yourself in something for no other reason than enjoyment. I was brought up amongst people who were very into film and film theory. I went to film school to gain a much better understanding of critical practice. It's something I do for fun. I discovered the giallo about 15 years ago and have since seen just about every one ever made (well over 150). Learning a bit more about Italian culture and Italian society in the 1970s I began to see a pattern emerging between the social concerns of real life and the films being released in theaters. It doesn't have anything to do with "social commentary" in the traditional sense but rather an extension of social concerns and moors, all being purged on screen. A lot of those giallo films didn't add much to the discussion but a great deal of them did. So I began taking notes and slowly but surely a pattern began emerging. I finally decided I should write this all down, if anything just to show - as you have said - that all my time spent analyzing and watching these films wasn't for nothing.

It's currently running 3500 pages. It needs editing. Badly.

But thanks for the congrats. Seriously.

EddieDingle wrote:
Well I suppose that is all. You can go ahead and have your final say and then lock this thread (ban freedom of speech).

Dude, I just wanted to see what you'd say if I only gave you one more chance! I expected a full 18 paragraphs. I'm a little disappointed.

Type away. It was fun while it lasted. Time to move on.

EddieDingle wrote:

Inside joke for the ex-BDers. Trust me... you don't ever want to end up like that guy...
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:36 am

Dave wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

The only way anyone is EVER going to banned by me is if they derail every thread they wander into. This is not worthy of banning. You can toss insults my way constantly and it's not really going to bother me.

EddieDingle wrote:

I was prodding you in the nuts with that one. WE'RE HAVING FUN AREN'T WE?!?

EddieDingle wrote:

Doesn't mean we can't have serious discourse. Just because the majority of these films are stupid doesn't mean we have to relegate our conversation to match their intelligence level.

EddieDingle wrote:

AT least you have the balls to admit to your douche-bagginess. Hello, Dingle. I am a snob. Nice to meet you.

EddieDingle wrote:

There's nothing wrong with immersing yourself in something for no other reason than enjoyment. I was brought up amongst people who were very into film and film theory. I went to film school to gain a much better understanding of critical practice. It's something I do for fun. I discovered the giallo about 15 years ago and have since seen just about every one ever made (well over 150). Learning a bit more about Italian culture and Italian society in the 1970s I began to see a pattern emerging between the social concerns of real life and the films being released in theaters. It doesn't have anything to do with "social commentary" in the traditional sense but rather an extension of social concerns and moors, all being purged on screen. A lot of those giallo films didn't add much to the discussion but a great deal of them did. So I began taking notes and slowly but surely a pattern began emerging. I finally decided I should write this all down, if anything just to show - as you have said - that all my time spent analyzing and watching these films wasn't for nothing.

It's currently running 3500 pages. It needs editing. Badly.

But thanks for the congrats. Seriously.

EddieDingle wrote:

Dude, I just wanted to see what you'd say if I only gave you one more chance! I expected a full 18 paragraphs. I'm a little disappointed.

Type away. It was fun while it lasted. Time to move on.

EddieDingle wrote:

Inside joke for the ex-BDers. Trust me... you don't ever want to end up like that guy...

Right on...well we can put this one to rest then

Until our next argument....or discussion Beerchug

Ps- you have a PM
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:57 am

Eddie Dingle is a joke, and is the same type of member from BD we were trying to avoid.
Also you are a hypocrite. Do I not have the free speech to express my desire for your banishment?
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:02 am

mmyers wrote:
Eddie Dingle is a joke, and is the same type of member from BD we were trying to avoid.
Also you are a hypocrite. Do I not have the free speech to express my desire for your banishment?

Of course you have the right to say ban me....I never suggested you didn't. I just suggested by banning me (whoever did so) they would be taking away my freedom of speech.

You just need to settle down partner...you're getting too worked up. I know it's hard being 15 and pubescent, but come on. Go watch Hairspray maybe that'll cheer ya up!!!
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Am i glad all this is over!!!! Not that i havn't enjoyed reading it tho.... Razz

Dave hurry up with that Giallo Book, ive read all i can find so far, a new one would be welcomed on my shelf.

Right i'm off to watch SCREAM BLOODY MURDER :he:
Back to top Go down
Bonomonomo
Bonomonomo

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm

mmyers wrote:

Calm down sparky. THey ended it and now you're starting it up again.

Let it go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.screamindemon.com/
Mapache

Mapache

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:06 am

Wow! Glad I missed all this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:21 am

Mapache wrote:

Bah! I think MMyers thought we were serious.

Just having fun.

A little shouting match every once and awhile is good fer ya!!!

That's why I go over to Bloody Disgusting every once and awhile and piss off the FRIDAY THE 13TH fans!
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:18 am

Dave wrote:
Mapache wrote:

Bah! I think MMyers thought we were serious.

Just having fun.

A little shouting match every once and awhile is good fer ya!!!

That's why I go over to Bloody Disgusting every once and awhile and piss off the FRIDAY THE 13TH fans!

I've never been over there, but it seems like it would be fun to piss off the Last house on the left remake fans

did you get my pm?
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:16 pm

EddieDingle wrote:
I've never been over there, but it seems like it would be fun to piss off the Last house on the left remake fans

I'm always taking the piss out of the LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT remake fans, it's great fun, they bite every time!!! :he:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2