Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....

Go down 
+3
ZebedyCostello
Dave
EddieDingle
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Empty
PostSubject: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:47 am

What the hell...they are sitting on a fuckin GOLD MINE

-Scum of the Earth aka Poor white Trash 2
-Death Game
-American Hippie In Israel
-The Tough Ones
-Scream Bloody Murder
-GONE WITH THE POPE!!!!!

And MANY More....

What the hell is there problem?? I mean don't get me wrong, when they do release a DVD it is TOP NOTCH, no complaints there, but whats up with getting 1-2 releases ever couple years...BS

Can't wait for that March 31st 'Cat in the Brain"....but get on your shit and get us some more DVD's out there.

PS- If your reading this Sage, tell your father he sucks at acting...these actors in these exploitation flicks look like geniuses compared to "Sly"...piece of fuckin shit
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:02 am

EddieDingle wrote:

-Death Game
-The Tough Ones
-Scream Bloody Murder
-GONE WITH THE POPE!!!!!

And MANY More....

What the hell is there problem?? I mean don't get me wrong, when they do release a DVD it is TOP NOTCH, no complaints there, but whats up with getting 1-2 releases ever couple years...BS

Can't wait for that March 31st 'Cat in the Brain"....but get on your shit and get us some more DVD's out there.

PS- If your reading this Sage, tell your father he sucks at acting...these actors in these exploitation flicks look like geniuses compared to "Sly"...piece of fuckin shit

"GOLD MINE"? Hardly. Most of that slop is worth waiting for. I already own a previous release of DEATH GAME and wouldn't consider upgrading. It's just not a good film. And why anyone would spend more than $5 on a public domain release of SCREAM BLOODY MURDER is beyond me.

My VHS copies of AMERICAN HIPPIE IN ISRAEL and SCUM OF THE EARTH are perfectly fine for me, too.

And CAT IN THE BRAIN?!?! You gotta be fucking kidding me........

When you're working in such a niche area of film, it's gonna take a much longer time to recoup your business expenses. I can't imagine they turn a profit quickly. As much as we'd like to think otherwise, these DVDs, when compared to recent or mainstream releases, probably move in a 1-50 ratio. That's not good enough business to keep releasing moving at a solid clip. A good chunk of their expenses would be removed if they simply offered these films direct from their website. Granted I don't live in a city with a very dedicated horror base but the Suncoast video here still has the same 2 copies of THE BEYOND on their shelves since the DVD was released. Chances are they will show up on a Return to Vendor report soon enough. Once that happens the inventory record will be struck and that DVD will never show up in that store again. That's less money in Grindhouse Releasing's pockets and less money that will be dedicated to the next release because those unsold DVDs will eventually be returned to them at a loss or be sold off to wholesellers for pocket change.

There's simply no need to mass produce when the Print-on-Demand business model is incredibly viable. I'm still waiting for these specialty distributors to catch on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:33 am

Dave wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

-Death Game
-The Tough Ones
-Scream Bloody Murder
-GONE WITH THE POPE!!!!!

And MANY More....

"GOLD MINE"? Hardly. Most of that slop is worth waiting for. I already own a previous release of DEATH GAME and wouldn't consider upgrading. It's just not a good film. And why anyone would spend more than $5 on a public domain release of SCREAM BLOODY MURDER is beyond me.

My VHS copies of AMERICAN HIPPIE IN ISRAEL and SCUM OF THE EARTH are perfectly fine for me, too.

And CAT IN THE BRAIN?!?! You gotta be fucking kidding me........

When you're working in such a niche area of film, it's gonna take a much longer time to recoup your business expenses. I can't imagine they turn a profit quickly. As much as we'd like to think otherwise, these DVDs, when compared to recent or mainstream releases, probably move in a 1-50 ratio. That's not good enough business to keep releasing moving at a solid clip. A good chunk of their expenses would be removed if they simply offered these films direct from their website. Granted I don't live in a city with a very dedicated horror base but the Suncoast video here still has the same 2 copies of THE BEYOND on their shelves since the DVD was released. Chances are they will show up on a Return to Vendor report soon enough. Once that happens the inventory record will be struck and that DVD will never show up in that store again. That's less money in Grindhouse Releasing's pockets and less money that will be dedicated to the next release because those unsold DVDs will eventually be returned to them at a loss or be sold off to wholesellers for pocket change.

There's simply no need to mass produce when the Print-on-Demand business model is incredibly viable. I'm still waiting for these specialty distributors to catch on.

Its all personal opinion dude

I have copies of American hippie (download), scum of the earth, massacre mafia, death game, and cat in the brain (All VHS) and I would love to upgrade em ell...especially Scum, massacre, and cat/brain

And the Scream bloody murders out there are cut versions, I have one

BTW- from what I gather your not a Fulci fan, and Cat in the brain isnt his best, but its gory adn cheesy as hell...and I love it

Last edited by EddieDingle on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:48 am

I myself would like to see an uncut version of SCREAM BLOODY MURDER....fingers crossed!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:41 am

EddieDingle wrote:

I have copies of American hippie (download), scum of the earth, massacre mafia, death game, and cat in the brain (All VHS) and I would love to upgrade em ell...especially Scum, massacre, and cat/brain

BTW- from what I gather your not a Fulci fan, and Cat in the brain isnt his best, but its gory adn cheesy as hell...and I love it

I know it's personal opinion. That's why I gave MINE. I was hoping I'd get more of a response about the economics in my response but I should have known better.

No, I'm not a Fulci fan. I like some of his gialli and two of his non-gialli. That's it. The rest is garbage. And that's a FACT.

As for an uncut version of SCREAM BLOODY MURDER... why? Why would anyone want to watch a piece of shit movie in a longer version? All that is is a LONGER PIECE OF SHIT. Pointless...
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:37 am

Dave wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

I know it's personal opinion. That's why I gave MINE. I was hoping I'd get more of a response about the economics in my response but I should have known better.

No, I'm not a Fulci fan. I like some of his gialli and two of his non-gialli. That's it. The rest is garbage. And that's a FACT.

As for an uncut version of SCREAM BLOODY MURDER... why? Why would anyone want to watch a piece of shit movie in a longer version? All that is is a LONGER PIECE OF SHIT. Pointless...

You should have "known better" thats fuckin nice, sorry I lack heady status like you man.
It was late and I was wasted and wasn't interested in the economic portion of your response

I also like how you state that ALL of Fulci's work, besides a select few is garbage and you state this as a "fact." This is obviously an absurd statement to make. Whether you like him or not you cannot derive facts based on personal opinions.

Scream Bloody Murder is classic in many peoples eyes and that it why an uncut, LONGER version is wanted. Hell you have a avatar of the film "Terror." Decent film and all, but nothing cinematimatically spectacular.

In addition to all of this, you happen to be the second person (which I find extremely amusing) on this small message board who suggests that exploitation flicks are supposed to be more than garbage. I mean sure theres a film here and there with some decent acting, good score, nice direction, maybe even a social message, but come on man, exploitation films are guilty pleasures. However, maybe we are going back to square one in which case this is just my "personal opinion." I don't sit down to watch an exploitative film and judge it based on cinematic excellence. I sit down to watch an exploitative film to laugh, cringe, and get cheaply entertained.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:41 pm

EddieDingle wrote:

You should have "known better" thats fuckin nice, sorry I lack heady status like you man.
It was late and I was wasted and wasn't interested in the economic portion of your response

I also like how you state that ALL of Fulci's work, besides a select few is garbage and you state this as a "fact." This is obviously an absurd statement to make. Whether you like him or not you cannot derive facts based on personal opinions.

Scream Bloody Murder is classic in many peoples eyes and that it why an uncut, LONGER version is wanted. Hell you have a avatar of the film "Terror." Decent film and all, but nothing cinematimatically spectacular.

In addition to all of this, you happen to be the second person (which I find extremely amusing) on this small message board who suggests that exploitation flicks are supposed to be more than garbage. I mean sure theres a film here and there with some decent acting, good score, nice direction, maybe even a social message, but come on man, exploitation films are guilty pleasures. However, maybe we are going back to square one in which case this is just my "personal opinion." I don't sit down to watch an exploitative film and judge it based on cinematic excellence. I sit down to watch an exploitative film to laugh, cringe, and get cheaply entertained.

Yeah, I should have known better to start my post with opinions about films. I should have known that would be the focus.

But you started the thread. I thought maybe you'd want to discuss the "why" instead of bitching about the "why".

It is a FACT that 90% of Fulci's work is garbage. Don't worry, you'll realize it one day, too. Very Happy Unless you worship at the alter of Thrower. In that case, you can't be helped...

SCREAM BLOODY MURDER is considered a "classic" by people who have no idea what the status of "classic" should be reserved for. You know FRIDAY THE 13TH fans and people like that... It's garbage. Completely incompetant. TERROR was at least entertaining with some semblance of style. SBM? Nope.

How you choose to watch a film is your business. And, yes, the VAST majority of these films are cheapies with no aspirations at all. But some aren't. And those films are worth studying and dissecting. For that matter, the whole of exploitation cinema is worth studying as it reveals quite a bit about it's audience and the society they were created for. Exploitation doesn't simply refer to subject matter, after all. But that's a discussion for another time and another place (Dolemike will LOVE it!)...

I'd like to know who the first person was to bring this to your attention.

I don't sit down to watch these films to have my world expanded in some kind of way (that's why I have Antonioni, Bergman, Fellini and the such) but I'm not a mindless devourer. Never been, never will be.
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:30 pm

SCREAM BLOODY MURDER is an exploitation film, i would not class it as a fuckin classic!!!!
Exploitation films come with the worst acting, editing and direction ever known to film, its just the way they are and thats the way we like em'.
Why else would we be on this fuckin forum (cause it aint to talk about HARRY fuckin POTTER).
I would welcome an uncut version of SCREAM BLOODY MURDER in my collection sitting next to the other bad (so bad their quite good) dvd's in my collection. If you dont want it in your collection well "whoopee fuckin doo". We havn't all got the same taste in bad movies but theres no fuckin need to shoot people down for it!!!
Cant we just all live in peace and sniff flowers and stuff :goat:
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:54 pm

ZebedyCostello wrote:
SCREAM BLOODY MURDER is an exploitation film, i would not class it as a fuckin classic!!!!
Exploitation films come with the worst acting, editing and direction ever known to film, its just the way they are and thats the way we like em'.
Why else would we be on this fuckin forum (cause it aint to talk about HARRY fuckin POTTER).
I would welcome an uncut version of SCREAM BLOODY MURDER in my collection sitting next to the other bad (so bad their quite good) dvd's in my collection. If you dont want it in your collection well "whoopee fuckin doo". We havn't all got the same taste in bad movies but theres no fuckin need to shoot people down for it!!!

Not all exploitation films are plagued with bad acting, editing and direction... just the majority. And that's far from being the reason I like them. I don't enjoy something because it's bad. That's stupid.

No one's shooting anyone down. If we can't disagree, then we can't have an open discussion. I'm not banning anyone for disagreeing with me, am I?
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Dave wrote:
ZebedyCostello wrote:

Not all exploitation films are plagued with bad acting, editing and direction... just the majority. And that's far from being the reason I like them. I don't enjoy something because it's bad. That's stupid.

No one's shooting anyone down. If we can't disagree, then we can't have an open discussion. I'm not banning anyone for disagreeing with me, am I?

I know what you mean, there are a few great little exploitation gems out there, its just a shame that they are rarely seen, and with all these goddamn awfull remakes coming out of cult faves, people like yourself and most on this site, we need. To be honest i watched a nice little film the other night called BLOODSTALKERS directed by Robert W Morgan, which to my suprise i really enjoyed and the acting was above average. A great film, i recommend it!!!
I cant really say anything anyway....... im a fan of ANDY MILLIGAN which pretty much says it all!!!!! But i do have my fave classic directors such as Mizoguchi, Kobayashi, Shindo, Kurosawa even Jaques Tourner (might of spelt that wrong) i think is a very accomplished director.
We all have our differences and thats the end of that!!!
I dont mind Fulci, i enjoyed Perversion Story and LIAWS after a few watches and most of his gothic period but anything after that should be fuckin burnt!!!!
Anyway im off to wind everyone up on BD on the Last House On The Left Remake thread (fuckin little kiddies wanking over that trailer, cant they see its gonna be shit!!!)
Have fun Razz
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Dave wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

Yeah, I should have known better to start my post with opinions about films. I should have known that would be the focus.

But you started the thread. I thought maybe you'd want to discuss the "why" instead of bitching about the "why".

It is a FACT that 90% of Fulci's work is garbage. Don't worry, you'll realize it one day, too. Very Happy Unless you worship at the alter of Thrower. In that case, you can't be helped...

SCREAM BLOODY MURDER is considered a "classic" by people who have no idea what the status of "classic" should be reserved for. You know FRIDAY THE 13TH fans and people like that... It's garbage. Completely incompetant. TERROR was at least entertaining with some semblance of style. SBM? Nope.

How you choose to watch a film is your business. And, yes, the VAST majority of these films are cheapies with no aspirations at all. But some aren't. And those films are worth studying and dissecting. For that matter, the whole of exploitation cinema is worth studying as it reveals quite a bit about it's audience and the society they were created for. Exploitation doesn't simply refer to subject matter, after all. But that's a discussion for another time and another place (Dolemike will LOVE it!)...

I'd like to know who the first person was to bring this to your attention.

I don't sit down to watch these films to have my world expanded in some kind of way (that's why I have Antonioni, Bergman, Fellini and the such) but I'm not a mindless devourer. Never been, never will be.

Once again, I have a very hard time respecting anything you say if you don't even know what a "fact" is.

It is a FACT my name is Brandon....It is a FACT we are communicating via the Internet (Not trying to beat around the bush, but I thought that might help you out some)
Now of course we could always get into what does "fact" really mean, what is "reality", etc, etc, and what not....But seeing that we cant even agree on shitty movies, I think that would be too far into discussion for the two of us.

Now, back to the subject at hand. I will agree that much of Fulci's work is garbage (that is not a fact, that is an opinion....an opinion that you AND I share). HOWEVER, that is why I love it...as I stated before, mindless cheap entertainment.

Now I can agree with you in the sense that yes it can be interesting to watch some exploitative films in the sense of studying it as a sub genre, the time they were made, the people who made them, and the crowds they drew in....But lets face it man, it doesn't take THAT many exploitation films to "study" all that shit. But maybe that is your excuse for watching them...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the person who watches Cannibal Holocaust for its "social meanings." Sure if you want to watch it once and dissect it to see that it might have some social interpretations (ones that i FIRMLY believe to be interpreted by the viewer, not intended by the director....once again, this is my OPINION)....

Now, lets go even further back to the first parts of our friendly discussion. As I stated I feel that they are sitting on a goldmine. Sure this thread is a whiny bitchy thread, theres no other way to interpret it. But you took it to the next level and started a discussion on why these small companies might not and maybe even should not re-release these older films at a more quick rate. Well as I stated before I was wasted at the time (found out the next morning I no longer need to mix heavy doses of my prescription benzodiazapines and opiates with large amounts of Wild Turkey) and I was far from the mental state of wanting to discuss economic reasons for these films not being distributed at a larger/faster rate. However, when I look back at what you had to say (with a more clear mind) I firmly agree. Don't have much to say on the matter because you really knocked the nail on the head.

Anyways, I'm ranting here. Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You can continue to dissect your exploitation films and watch them for a greater reason than cheap entertainment and I will do the exact opposite.

PS- The other person who suggested that exploitation films hold more than just cheap/sleazy entertainment was "mmyers." I asked about a particular film on here (which one I forget) and he responded with saying that it didnt have great acting, etc, or something of the sort. But from what I can gather he is one of your minions, so kudos to you man....you've done a good job on him!!
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:20 am

EddieDingle wrote:
PS- The other person who suggested that exploitation films hold more than just cheap/sleazy entertainment was "mmyers." I asked about a particular film on here (which one I forget) and he responded with saying that it didnt have great acting, etc, or something of the sort. But from what I can gather he is one of your minions, so kudos to you man....you've done a good job on him!!
What the fuck? I don't even talk to you, I am not even involved in this and you are going to add my name in the mix? You haven't said two words to me, so stop assuming shit, prick.

I think exploitation films are what they are, but once in awhile they can be more. Don't group me with anybody, Dave is a cool guy but I am not his minion.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:25 am

EddieDingle wrote:

Once again, I have a very hard time respecting anything you say if you don't even know what a "fact" is.

It is a FACT my name is Brandon....It is a FACT we are communicating via the Internet (Not trying to beat around the bush, but I thought that might help you out some)
Now of course we could always get into what does "fact" really mean, what is "reality", etc, etc, and what not....But seeing that we cant even agree on shitty movies, I think that would be too far into discussion for the two of us.

I only said it again as a joke. And because I knew I'd get this response. You're a BD-er aren't you?

And anytime you wanna have a philosophical discussion on the nature of a priori truth, let me know. I'd actually enjoy that. Surprise, surprise.

EddieDingle wrote:
Now, back to the subject at hand. I will agree that much of Fulci's work is garbage (that is not a fact, that is an opinion....an opinion that you AND I share). HOWEVER, that is why I love it...as I stated before, mindless cheap entertainment.

Now I can agree with you in the sense that yes it can be interesting to watch some exploitative films in the sense of studying it as a sub genre, the time they were made, the people who made them, and the crowds they drew in....But lets face it man, it doesn't take THAT many exploitation films to "study" all that shit. But maybe that is your excuse for watching them...who knows. Kind of reminds me of the person who watches Cannibal Holocaust for its "social meanings." Sure if you want to watch it once and dissect it to see that it might have some social interpretations (ones that i FIRMLY believe to be interpreted by the viewer, not intended by the director....once again, this is my OPINION)....

Well, you presume to know the intention of the director, which you should not do. But I already responded to this in the CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST thread. No need to do it again.

And I don't need an excuse to watch a movie. I watch films because I enjoy watching films. All kinds. Not just exploitation and horror.

And I dissect every piece of film I see. That's one of the nasty side effects of liking film theory and having a functioning brain.

EddieDingle wrote:
Now, lets go even further back to the first parts of our friendly discussion. As I stated I feel that they are sitting on a goldmine. Sure this thread is a whiny bitchy thread, theres no other way to interpret it. But you took it to the next level and started a discussion on why these small companies might not and maybe even should not re-release these older films at a more quick rate. Well as I stated before I was wasted at the time (found out the next morning I no longer need to mix heavy doses of my prescription benzodiazapines and opiates with large amounts of Wild Turkey) and I was far from the mental state of wanting to discuss economic reasons for these films not being distributed at a larger/faster rate. However, when I look back at what you had to say (with a more clear mind) I firmly agree. Don't have much to say on the matter because you really knocked the nail on the head.

Anyways, I'm ranting here. Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You can continue to dissect your exploitation films and watch them for a greater reason than cheap entertainment and I will do the exact opposite.

Exactly. Why the fuck would I want to browse a forum where everyone agrees with me and sees things my way? Can't learn shit that way...

EddieDingle wrote:

If he were my minion I would have shot him long ago... Only Dolemike has minions.

Believe it or not, there are more people on this forum lurking around who are discussing these films in more than "It sucks!" or "It rules!" terms... and they're watching you Dingle...
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:35 am

Dave wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

I only said it again as a joke. And because I knew I'd get this response. You're a BD-er aren't you?

And anytime you wanna have a philosophical discussion on the nature of a priori truth, let me know. I'd actually enjoy that. Surprise, surprise.

EddieDingle wrote:

Well, you presume to know the intention of the director, which you should not do. But I already responded to this in the CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST thread. No need to do it again.

And I don't need an excuse to watch a movie. I watch films because I enjoy watching films. All kinds. Not just exploitation and horror.

And I dissect every piece of film I see. That's one of the nasty side effects of liking film theory and having a functioning brain.

EddieDingle wrote:

Exactly. Why the fuck would I want to browse a forum where everyone agrees with me and sees things my way? Can't learn shit that way...

EddieDingle wrote:

If he were my minion I would have shot him long ago... Only Dolemike has minions.

Believe it or not, there are more people on this forum lurking around who are discussing these films in more than "It sucks!" or "It rules!" terms... and they're watching you Dingle...

A lot going on here....

-Ya, read the "fact joke" again, got it this time, it was....hilarious...

-I have to plead ignorance on knowing what a "BD'er" is

-Also, I wouldn't use the word "Presume" in context to the directors intent...it is more of a belief, as I stated. A belief (personal opinion) that I hold and until someone shows me otherwise I will keep this belief. Now to argue that a person should not have beliefs would just be absurd, now wouldn't it?

-Finally, like I stated before, we'll have to agree to disagree. To me this is a board in which people discuss exploitation films. To me exploitation films are AMAZINGLY fun, yet steaming piles of shit. So in other words, I come on this message board to read things like "she gets raped and he gets tortured...its classic" and then I watch that movie. Or I watch a movie and I come on here and say something like "his legs get eaten off by his incestuous grandmother...its was fuckin hilarious" and so on. I do not come on here to intellectually discuss film. I save that for IMDB forums for films that are actually intelligent...

Last edited by EddieDingle on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:38 am

mmyers wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:
What the fuck? I don't even talk to you, I am not even involved in this and you are going to add my name in the mix? You haven't said two words to me, so stop assuming shit, prick.

I think exploitation films are what they are, but once in awhile they can be more. Don't group me with anybody, Dave is a cool guy but I am not his minion.

Woah there stallion....

I was just trying to restate a discussion in a thread we had. I asked about a movie...you commented on the acting being sub par, I was surprised in the sense that we are discussing exploitative films here.

And from some of your and Dave's posts you just seem like his minion thats all.

Nothing like FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... 309547

Just more like FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... 724634
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:37 am

EddieDingle wrote:
mmyers wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

Woah there stallion....

I was just trying to restate a discussion in a thread we had. I asked about a movie...you commented on the acting being sub par, I was surprised in the sense that we are discussing exploitative films here.

Are you fucking retarded?
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:39 am

mmyers wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:
mmyers wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

Woah there stallion....

Yea, my case manager allows me only 30 minutes a day on the internet, so I have to make this fast...BYE!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:47 am

EddieDingle wrote:

A lot going on here....

Wasn't it though...

EddieDingle wrote:

The less you know about Bloody Disgusting forum members the better... I can't even post there anymore. Too much stupidity...

EddieDingle wrote:
-Also, I wouldn't use the word "Presume" in context to the directors intent...it is more of a belief, as I stated. A belief (personal opinion) that I hold and until someone shows me otherwise I will keep this belief.

Well, the only person who could "show you otherwise" would be the director. So bugger ever knowing whether or not Lang or Welles ever had something to say, huh?

So, let me get this straight, you never think a director has an intention unless the director or someone else (but who could it be by your criteria?) proves it to you? That's not giving the thousands of directors ever to step behind the camera any credit. So if Deodato came up to you and said "Yes there was a point in my movie and the point is this" you would suddenly see it? Brotha, you are baffling in your logic! I get your underlying statement (something I agreed with already in the CH thread and expanded on) but that is one belief you need to reconsider.

EddieDingle wrote:
Now to argue that a person should not have beliefs would just be absurd, now wouldn't it?

Don't know. I AM an atheist.... Sounds good to me!

EddieDingle wrote:
-Finally, like I stated before, we'll have to agree to disagree. To me this is a board in which people discuss exploitation films. To me exploitation films are AMAZINGLY fun, yet steaming piles of shit. So in other words, I come on this message board to read things like "she gets raped and he gets tortured...its classic" and then I watch that movie. Or I watch a movie and I come on here and say something like "his legs get eaten off by his incestuous grandmother...its was fuckin hilarious" and so on. I do not come on here to intellectually discuss film. I save that for IMDB forums for films that are actually intelligent...

Half the time I look deeper at these films and get NOTHING. Nada. Zip. But sometimes, when looked at through a much larger social spectrum - not to mention in the timeline of cinema - these little films we dub exploitation films can surprise you. If there's one thing I've learned from studying the giallo film for the past 12 years, it that you should never assume exploitation films have nothing to say and are, ultimately, meaningless entertainments. So I will continue to type my type of responses and you shall continue to type yours and things will go on like they always did. If my comments somehow conflict with your understanding of exploitation cinema, skip over them or go to Bloody Disgusting and revel in the stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:49 am

mmyers wrote:

Our standards are too high, Jake.

WE FAIL!!!
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:59 am

Dave wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

A lot going on here....

Wasn't it though...

EddieDingle wrote:

The less you know about Bloody Disgusting forum members the better... I can't even post there anymore. Too much stupidity...

EddieDingle wrote:
-Also, I wouldn't use the word "Presume" in context to the directors intent...it is more of a belief, as I stated. A belief (personal opinion) that I hold and until someone shows me otherwise I will keep this belief.

Well, the only person who could "show you otherwise" would be the director. So bugger ever knowing whether or not Lang or Welles ever had something to say, huh?

So, let me get this straight, you never think a director has an intention unless the director or someone else (but who could it be by your criteria?) proves it to you? That's not giving the thousands of directors ever to step behind the camera any credit. So if Deodato came up to you and said "Yes there was a point in my movie and the point is this" you would suddenly see it? Brotha, you are baffling in your logic! I get your underlying statement (something I agreed with already in the CH thread and expanded on) but that is one belief you need to reconsider.

EddieDingle wrote:
Now to argue that a person should not have beliefs would just be absurd, now wouldn't it?

Don't know. I AM an atheist.... Sounds good to me!

EddieDingle wrote:

Half the time I look deeper at these films and get NOTHING. Nada. Zip. But sometimes, when looked at through a much larger social spectrum - not to mention in the timeline of cinema - these little films we dub exploitation films can surprise you. If there's one thing I've learned from studying the giallo film for the past 12 years, it that you should never assume exploitation films have nothing to say and are, ultimately, meaningless entertainments. So I will continue to type my type of responses and you shall continue to type yours and things will go on like they always did. If my comments somehow conflict with your understanding of exploitation cinema, skip over them or go to Bloody Disgusting and revel in the stupidity.

-On the directors intention...oh of course I believe the director has intention and does not reveal it in many cases. Shit I'm a HUGE Lynch fan, there is a prime example of a director with ridiculous amounts of intention, underlying meaning, etc who keeps his mouth shut like a zipper. However, to delve into his films is fascinating, because they are pieces of art. Not cheap entertainment.

-The atheist comment has to either be one of the most absurd things I've ever heard....or a terrible attempt at a joke. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe it to be the latter.

-Finally, I wish we lived by each other. I would love to spend a night with you. We could do a triple "around the world feature." I was thinking "Dr. Butcher M.D.", "The Godson", & "Caged Virgins"....we could watch em then discuss the in depth meaning and profoundness...
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:14 am

Dave wrote:
If there's one thing I've learned from studying the giallo film for the past 12 years,

Holy shit man!!!

You know you we have all said "lol" or "haha" on the internet many times. Well let's admit it....most of the time its just a filler and you aren't really laughing.

However, this is to be one of the funniest statements I've read in a LONG time.

I mean I know we are having a discussion/somewhat of an argument here, and I am not knocking you just for the hell of it, but this is priceless shit here.

Studying giallo for 12 years? Do you mind if I read your dissertation?

HAHAHAHAHAAH. I am honestly laughing out loud. Your other attempts at jokes weren't so hot, but man this one got me going! KUDOS!!!
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:26 am

[quote="EddieDingle"]
Dave wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAAH. I am honestly laughing out loud. Your other attempts at jokes weren't so hot, but man this one got me going! KUDOS!!!

Yeah. Why study something that's rarely been touched upon when you could always write the 800th book on Citizen Kane or Hitchcock.

Bah, going off the beaten track. What a fool that Dave is! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:14 am

[quote="Colonel Mortimer"]
EddieDingle wrote:
Dave wrote:

Yeah. Why study something that's rarely been touched upon when you could always write the 800th book on Citizen Kane or Hitchcock.

If ya dont get it ya dont get it

Please show me what he has to show for 12 years of Giallo study....besides his wonderful website of course FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... 286845

Did someone say "Overkill"??
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 am

Dave wrote:
mmyers wrote:

Our standards are too high, Jake.

WE FAIL!!!
It always comes back to us!
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 am

[quote="EddieDingle"]
Colonel Mortimer wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:
Dave wrote:

If ya dont get it ya dont get it

Please show me what he has to show for 12 years of Giallo study....besides his wonderful website of course FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... 286845

Did someone say "Overkill"??
Are you talking about this site of FTWM? Either way that should be automatic banishment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....   FUCK Grindhouse Releasings..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FUCK Grindhouse Releasings.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next