Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Spaghetti West Documentary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

The Spaghetti West Documentary Empty
PostSubject: The Spaghetti West Documentary   The Spaghetti West Documentary Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:54 am

Just saw this documentary and it's definitely worth a watch. There is none of the ignorant mainstream perceptions of the genre that you often see( such as Leone being the only good Italian Western director etc). And the critics that are interviewed are Italian western geeks such as Christopher Frayling, Alex Cox and Howard Hughes. All the great movies are mentioned, The Big Gundown, A Bullet for the General, Django, Django Kill, The Great Silence etc and a few of the key actors are talked about, Eastwood, Milian, Nero, Hill etc.

Plus there are interviews with most of the key participants (those that are still alive anyway), Franco Nero, Tomas Milian, Sergio Sollima, Ennio Morricone, Enzo Castarelli, Sergio Martino etc.

Not sure whether it would be worth buying as I've seen it's pretty expensive. Especially for something that is only 55 or so minutes long but absolutely worth a rental.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: The Spaghetti West Documentary   The Spaghetti West Documentary Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 6:34 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Just saw this documentary and it's definitely worth a watch. There is none of the ignorant mainstream perceptions of the genre that you often see( such as Leone being the only good Italian Western director etc). And the critics that are interviewed are Italian western geeks such as Christopher Frayling, Alex Cox and Howard Hughes. All the great movies are mentioned, The Big Gundown, A Bullet for the General, Django, Django Kill, The Great Silence etc and a few of the key actors are talked about, Eastwood, Milian, Nero, Hill etc.

Plus there are interviews with most of the key participants (those that are still alive anyway), Franco Nero, Tomas Milian, Sergio Sollima, Ennio Morricone, Enzo Castarelli, Sergio Martino etc.

Not sure whether it would be worth buying as I've seen it's pretty expensive. Especially for something that is only 55 or so minutes long but absolutely worth a rental.

I've seen this a few times.

They show it on IFC every once in awhile and I'll usually record it.

I might be wrong, but I think it's an extra on one of Blue Underground's SW releases.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: The Spaghetti West Documentary   The Spaghetti West Documentary Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 1:09 pm

Are you sure you're not thinking of 'Westerns Italian Style' which is on the Run Man Run dvd?
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: The Spaghetti West Documentary   The Spaghetti West Documentary Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Are you sure you're not thinking of 'Westerns Italian Style' which is on the Run Man Run dvd?

Maybe, but I seem to remember seeing somewhere that SW was made by BU though.

Maybe they just made it for IFC? scratch
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: The Spaghetti West Documentary   The Spaghetti West Documentary Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Oh yeah it's definitely made by Blue Underground. But I haven't seen it on any of my Spaghetti Western Dvds and I own all the western Blue Underground discs.
Back to top Go down
PreRox

PreRox

PostSubject: Re: The Spaghetti West Documentary   The Spaghetti West Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:17 am

Channel Date & Time Episode Get More
IFC Sat, Sep 13
7:00 AM The Spaghetti West Record with TiVo

more The Spaghetti West TV listings (1 total TV listings)
Back to top Go down
SethDLH

SethDLH

PostSubject: Re: The Spaghetti West Documentary   The Spaghetti West Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:31 am

PreRox wrote:
Channel Date & Time Episode Get More
IFC Sat, Sep 13
7:00 AM The Spaghetti West Record with TiVo

more The Spaghetti West TV listings (1 total TV listings)

i definatly want to see it, but so early on a saturday might be tough haha. i don't have tivo or dvr so if anyone records it and can get it onto a dvdr (if thats even possible) i'll glad pay for the cost of the disc and shipping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spaghetti West Documentary   The Spaghetti West Documentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Spaghetti West Documentary
Page 1 of 1