Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite horror actor

Go down 
+2
dolemike
Colonel Mortimer
6 posters

Who is your favorite Horror Actor
Lon Chaney
Favorite horror actor Vote_lcap0%Favorite horror actor Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Boris Karloff
 0% [ 0 ]
Bela Lugosi
Favorite horror actor Vote_lcap22%Favorite horror actor Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Lon Chaney, Jr
 0% [ 0 ]
Vincent Price
 22% [ 2 ]
Christopher Lee
 22% [ 2 ]
Paul Naschy
 0% [ 0 ]
Peter Cushing
Favorite horror actor Vote_lcap11%Favorite horror actor Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
John Carradine
 0% [ 0 ]
Donald Pleasance
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Favorite horror actor Empty
PostSubject: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:11 pm

The title says it all! So vote!
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:26 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
The title says it all! So vote!

It was a damn tough call, but I had to go with Bela.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:33 pm

Really? I have to say I've never really liked Bela all that much, then again I'm also not a big fan of Universal's Dracula movies in general. It's all about Cushing for me with Vincent Price close behind.

It's a shame Claude Rains didn't do much horror really. Does anyone know how many horror films he did? I'm only aware of 3.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Really? I have to say I've never really liked Bela all that much, then again I'm also not a big fan of Universal's Dracula movies in general. It's all about Cushing for me with Vincent Price close behind.

It's a shame Claude Rains didn't do much horror really. Does anyone know how many horror films he did? I'm only aware of 3.
Vinnie was a close runner up for me.

So was Boris.

But I've been a Bela nut since I was a kid though.

Other than PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, THE WOLF MAN & THE INVISIBLE MAN, there's THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD, & THE CLAIRVOYANT, but I'm not sure how 'horror' oriented they are.

He's got a couple sci-fi flicks under his belt with THE LOST WORLD and something called Pianeta degli uomini spenti, Il (1961) .... Professor Benson
... aka Battle of the Worlds (USA: dubbed version)
... aka Guerre planetarie (Italy)
... aka Planet of the Lifeless Men

Some Alfred Hitchcock Presents... episodes and others in the 'thriller' category.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001647/
Back to top Go down
Kimdracula

Kimdracula

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:34 am

Wow, this is hard. Pretty much my top few favorite horror actors ever are in that poll.

As much as I feel like I'm doing a disservice to my fangirlish love for Chaney Sr., I'm going to have to go with Vincent Price. He makes any horror movie that much better to me just because he's in it.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:39 am

Kimdracula wrote:
Wow, this is hard. Pretty much my top few favorite horror actors ever are in that poll.

As much as I feel like I'm doing a disservice to my fangirlish love for Chaney Sr., I'm going to have to go with Vincent Price. He makes any horror movie that much better to me just because he's in it.

My love, precious jewel and noble wife. Severed, too quickly, too cruelly from this life. I alone remain to give delivery of your pain. Nine killed you. Nine shall die. Nine times, nine! Nine killed you! Nine shall die! Nine eternities in DOOM!

*Ahum* Neutral
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:42 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Kimdracula wrote:

My love, precious jewel and noble wife. Severed, too quickly, too cruelly from this life. I alone remain to give delivery of your pain. Nine killed you. Nine shall die. Nine times, nine! Nine killed you! Nine shall die! Nine eternities in DOOM!

*Ahum* Neutral

"Christopher, not ten minutes ago I... I tried to kill a stray cat with a cabbage, and all but made love to the Lady Rowena. I succeeded is squashing the cabbage and badly frightening the lady. If only I could lay open my own brain as easily as I did that vegetable, what rot would be freed from its grey leaves?" tongue
Back to top Go down
Kimdracula

Kimdracula

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:50 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:

*Ahum* Neutral
I was thinking of his performances in that and in The Tingler when I voted for him. Laughing

dolemike wrote:
"Christopher, not ten minutes ago I... I tried to kill a stray cat with a cabbage, and all but made love to the Lady Rowena. I succeeded is squashing the cabbage and badly frightening the lady. If only I could lay open my own brain as easily as I did that vegetable, what rot would be freed from its grey leaves?" tongue
Not to mention my obvious love for this movie!

Yeah, I love Chaney, but my favorites got to be Price. bounce
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:34 am

Price and Lee are at the top of my list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:50 pm

Woohoo 2 for Donald!
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:04 pm

mmyersisgod wrote:
Woohoo 2 for Donald!

Who the fuck did that???

I like Donald, but come on!

I could only see it if it were based on his performance in a certain PHENOMENAL masterpiece that will go unnamed... monkey
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:43 pm

dolemike wrote:
mmyersisgod wrote:
Woohoo 2 for Donald!

Who the fuck did that???

I could only see it if it were based on his performance in a certain PHENOMENAL masterpiece that will go unnamed... monkey
He was awesome as a certain Doctor chasing a maniac as well.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:06 pm

mmyersisgod wrote:
dolemike wrote:
mmyersisgod wrote:
Woohoo 2 for Donald!

Who the fuck did that???

He was awesome as a certain Doctor chasing a maniac as well.

I was 1/2 joking.

He's good in a lot of things.

But compared to some of the other guys on the list...

Let's be serious, he isn't up to the level of a Vincent, Boris, Bela...

...or the lower end guys like Lee & Cushing. Laughing

I kid, Love those guys. Really.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:05 pm

dolemike wrote:
mmyersisgod wrote:
Woohoo 2 for Donald!

Who the fuck did that???

Nice pun. Laughing Speaking of which has anyone seen Phantom of Death?

Quote :

...or the lower end guys like Lee & Cushing.

Us Brits >>> You.

We have Karloff Cushing and Lee! What do you have fool!?

On another note I watched a docu about Christopher Lee and he was talking about Cushing and Price. Twas sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:34 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
dolemike wrote:
mmyersisgod wrote:
Woohoo 2 for Donald!

Who the fuck did that???

Nice pun. Laughing Speaking of which has anyone seen Phantom of Death?

Quote :

...or the lower end guys like Lee & Cushing.

Us Brits >>> You.

We have Karloff Cushing and Lee! What do you have fool!?

On another note I watched a docu about Christopher Lee and he was talking about Cushing and Price. Twas sad. Sad

We have Christopher Atkins.

/thread. Razz

And you just reminded me that I still need to watch the MANY FACES OF CHRISTOPHER LEE doc. that was included in my SCARS OF DRACULA DVD.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 2:53 am

That's the one I watched! It was on my Prince of Darkness DVD.

Has anyone here seen House of the Long Shadows? Price + Lee + Carradine + Cushing + Sheila Keith x Pete Walker = Hopefully awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
trome_0

trome_0

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:06 pm

I know it's not fair to rank the professionals with the amateurs which is probably why you left the greatest horror actor of all time off the poll. A BIG vote here for Bruce Campbell. Hail to the King Baby king

Favorite horror actor 10102407
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:52 pm

trome_0 wrote:
I know it's not fair to rank the professionals with the amateurs which is probably why you left the greatest horror actor of all time off the poll. A BIG vote here for Bruce Campbell. Hail to the King Baby king

Favorite horror actor 10102407
bounce Yes that sounds great too! cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite horror actor   Favorite horror actor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite horror actor
Page 1 of 1