Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980) Empty
PostSubject: BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)   BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:19 am

Saw this baby in the theaters as a kid...

Basically, it's a STAR WARS inspired knock-off of SEVEN SAMURAI/THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN with Richard ('John-Boy' from THE WALTONS) Thomas assembling a team of various types & species to protect a peace-loving planet from the evil Sador (John Saxon).

My favorite characters were George Peppard's 'Space Cowboy' and the green lizard guy (whose name I forget).

Sador was cool too, as he would cut off the limbs/ body parts of his enemies and graft them to his own body, substituting them for his own.

A bit silly now, but loads of fun for the young and young at heart from producer Roger Corman & scriptwriter John (PIRANHA, ALLIGATOR, THE HOWLING) Sayles.

Also stars (as you can see in the trailer) Sybil Danning & Robert Vaughn.
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)   BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 4:54 pm

I would watch anything with John Saxon! bounce
Back to top Go down

BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)
Page 1 of 1