Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Empty
PostSubject: Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)   Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Qposterd21
Q ("It's name is Quetzalcoatl... just call it Q, that's all you'll have time to say before it tears you apart!" as the tagline reads) stars Michael Moriarty as low-level criminal/aspiring nightclub pianist Jimmy Quinn who takes part in a diamond heist. Quinn finds himself on the run and takes refuge in the Chrysler Building where he discovers the lair of a giant creature that has been terrorizing the city. Can Quinn use this knowledge to his advantage?

There's also been a recent rash of gory murders committed by someone all too human. How do these killings tie in?

Moriarty turns in one of, IMO, the greatest performances in low budge exploitation history. Some people mistakenly call his performance "over the top", but I believe he plays it pitcyh perfect. Jimmy Quinn as a character is just that high-strung!

The rest of the cast is an all-star exploitation line-up featuring David Carradine as the cop in charge of solving the mystery of the creature. Richard (SHAFT) Roundtree is Carradine's friend and fellow cop on the trail of the serial killings and Candy (THE MAN WHO FELL TOO EARTH, BLUE THUNDER, THE BLOB remake) as Quinn's long suffering girlfriend.

As much as I absolutely love some of Larry Cohen's films, this may just be his masterpiece striking the perfect note between street level low budget guerilla filmmaking crime film and high concept horror with a heavy dose of tongue-in-cheek humor. Part RESERVOIR DOGS & part BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS, Q takes its (pardon the pun) cues from a few different sources and spins them into both homage and something original. Check it out!

Enjoy this series of clips set to the song "Terrorist Attack" by The Spits

Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)   Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:28 pm

God I need to get the Cohen box set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)   Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:34 pm

BurtonOblivion wrote:

Do it because God told you to. Wink
Back to top Go down
Devils Son in Law

Devils Son in Law

PostSubject: Re: Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)   Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:35 am

dolemike wrote:
BurtonOblivion wrote:

Do it because God told you to. Wink

...KILL

I like this film but I'm partial to the Its Alive series being his best work. The Stuff is pretty damn funny too.
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)   Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Watched this last night, and it really is a masterpiece. It's incredible how Cohen takes his low budgets and makes wonderful, engaging, action packed, fast paced films.

And Q Rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
TheIronInspector

TheIronInspector

PostSubject: Re: Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)   Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Yup...Q does rule....and Michael Moriarty rocks out on the piano!

www.ultimate-super-villain.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimate-super-villain.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)   Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Q THE WINGED SERPENT (1982)
Page 1 of 1