Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ricco the Mean Machine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave
Admin
Dave

Ricco the Mean Machine Empty
PostSubject: Ricco the Mean Machine   Ricco the Mean Machine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:04 am

I can't be the only one who has seen this movie. And I most certainly can't be the only person who loved it.

Aside from a rather... umm, disinterested... performance from the late great Robert Mitchum's son, Chris, as the karate-chopping lead, this film has everything one could want from a ridiculous revenge film: a greasy mobster who makes his enemies into bars of soap, painfully cliched dialogue, a few good shoot-outs, and one of the most "holy shit" castrations on film.

Oh, and Barbara Bouchet dancing topless on the hood of car.

What's not to love?

If I'm the only one who has seen this film, I'll be awfully disappointed.

Not mean-spirited enough to really interest the revenge fanboys, but just crazy and sleazy enough to appeal to anyone interested in having a good hour and a half.

And did I mention Barbara Bouchet dancing topless on the hood of a car?
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Ricco the Mean Machine   Ricco the Mean Machine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:08 am

Dave wrote:
I can't be the only one who has seen this movie. And I most certainly can't be the only person who loved it.

Aside from a rather... umm, disinterested... performance from the late great Robert Mitchum's son, Chris, as the karate-chopping lead, this film has everything one could want from a ridiculous revenge film: a greasy mobster who makes his enemies into bars of soap, painfully cliched dialogue, a few good shoot-outs, and one of the most "holy shit" castrations on film.

What's not to love?

Not mean-spirited enough to really interest the revenge fanboys, but just crazy and sleazy enough to appeal to anyone interested in having a good hour and a half.

Been wanting to get this since it came out a couple of months ago.
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: Ricco the Mean Machine   Ricco the Mean Machine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:15 am

Dave wrote:

Well, I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: Ricco the Mean Machine   Ricco the Mean Machine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 2:13 pm

Dave wrote:

What's not to love?

Dont panic, i have this film in my hands on the Dark Sky label, just havn't got round to watching it yet.
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: Ricco the Mean Machine   Ricco the Mean Machine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Ive seen it!!! And its great....Love the soundtrack, your right about the piss poor Christopher Mitchum, watching that man act turns into a yawn fest!! He gives a good interview though. Id of liked to of seen Thomas Milian in the role but ive liked him ever since watching Almost Human..now thats a performance!!!
The castration scene was an eye opener affraid
And they shove it in his mouth!!! Laughing

Favourite scene = Topless Car Bonnet Dance, heaven
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Ricco the Mean Machine   Ricco the Mean Machine Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:33 pm

i have it also but havent watched it yet....I might tonight
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Ricco the Mean Machine   Ricco the Mean Machine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:08 am

I watched it and it was GGGGGREAT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricco the Mean Machine   Ricco the Mean Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ricco the Mean Machine
Page 1 of 1