Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.

Go down 
+5
Dave
rm237
EddieDingle
dolemike
Colonel Mortimer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Empty
PostSubject: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:55 pm

So basically the topic is, as the title says classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.

You don't necessarily have to pick a classic movie that you dislike but rather which director do you feel could have done something interesting with said movie.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Dario Argento- HALLOWEEN II
In '81 it would've come between INFERNO & TENEBRE in his filmography and would be damn cool if it were a combo/stylistic transition between those 2.

Of course it would still have to mainly be written by JC & DH, but DA shoulda thrown in his 2 cents as well.

Mario Bava- DJANGO IL BASTARDO (aka THE STRANGERS GUNDOWN/DJANGO THE BASTARD)
If made @ the time it was, but directed by Bava it would've been between DANGER:DIABOLIK & HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON.
If it had more of those sensibilities but not like the lame RC& WJ made a year later it would've been fantastic.

It's an OK flick as-is (think a precursor to & heavy HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER influence) , but could've really benefitted from a director who could've injected even more strange atmosphere into what could & should've been the ultimate gothic horror/spaghetti western hybrid.

And, as much as I hate everything he's done thus far...

rob zombie- DEATH RACE 2000
The only remake he could possibly have done that would give me a boner.
Of course he'd miss the social commentary, but at least you know he would've kept the nihilism and violence level high and probably digs the original enough to keep the framework of the original story instead of just using the name.
Loud, bombastic, grungy, over-the-top, killing- pedestrians-for-points- if there was a film zombie was born to remake, it was DR2K
It's a clean fit for his sensibilities.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:28 pm

dolemike wrote:
Dario Argento- HALLOWEEN II
In '81 it would've come between INFERNO & TENEBRE in his filmography and would be damn cool if it were a combo/stylistic transition between those 2.

Of course it would still have to mainly be written by JC & DH, but DA shoulda thrown in his 2 cents as well.

That would've been great. Argento's directorial style + the writing of DH and JC + photography by Dean Cundey. It probably would've set Dario on a much better track.

Still need to think of mine. Sad
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:41 pm

Fulci- SS Hell Camp
Back to top Go down
rm237

rm237

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Mike Bonomo - The Wicker Man and The Burning.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:57 pm

rm237 wrote:
Mike Bonomo - The Wicker Man .

:he: :he: :he: :he: :he:

First thing he'd do is get rid of the hot female cultists and replace them with males and have their penises flapping in the wind.
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:26 pm

EddieDingle wrote:
Fulci- SS Hell Camp
I've thought of that myself many times.

Fulci with his hatred of women was born for nazisploitation.

His not doing one is just another EPIC FULCI FAIL.

Guess SODOMA'S GHOST is the closest thing?
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:36 pm

dolemike wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:
Fulci- SS Hell Camp

havent seen sodomas ghost, but i have it and am going to check it out
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:42 pm

EddieDingle wrote:
dolemike wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:
Fulci- SS Hell Camp

Honestly you'd be better off just checking out Cat in the Brain as it recycles footage from that movie.
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:22 pm

Fulci should have done a full blown cannibal flick also
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:24 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:
dolemike wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:
Fulci- SS Hell Camp

Honestly you'd be better off just checking out Cat in the Brain as it recycles footage from that movie.

ive seen cat in the brain
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:31 am

I can't think of any film I would dub a CLASSIC that would have been better off directed by someone else, as the original director helped make it a CLASSIC in the first place...

Strange idea. The better one would have been "Which film would have been a classic had someone else directed it"...

So let's say - for the sake of going with the already established flow - PHENOMENA, TENEBRAE, OPERA, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, THE CARD PLAYER and TRAUMA.

Who should have directed them?

WHO CARES.

But I would have a lot less to bitch about if those films weren't stinking up Argento's filmography. Erase those and he hits my top 25 directors of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:17 am

Prom Night- Joseph Zito.(I don't consider it a classic)
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:15 am

mmyers wrote:

Oh and it would TOTALLY be a classic if Zito shit it out instead.....
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Dave wrote:
mmyers wrote:

Yes he did two great slasher films. Why not a third?
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:32 am

mmyers wrote:
Dave wrote:
mmyers wrote:

No, he made one great example of a slasher film (FRIDAY 4) and one incredibly overrated piece of shit (THE PROWLER).

Zito could not have made a shit script into a classic. Not a fucking chance. The guy's a hack. A good director could make a lousy script into something better but pulling Zito's name out of thin air makes no sense. He has no personal style, just bland point-and-shoot. No different from Paul Lynch. Why you would think Zito's style would make PROM NIGHT somehow better is beyond me...

Maybe it's because Dobe really has his claws in you?

Maybe you should worship someone smarter or avoid BD altogether before you end up retarded.

Unless you really DO think Zito's a good director... in which case you're already retarded and no amount of re-education will help you.
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:21 am

Dave wrote:
mmyers wrote:
Dave wrote:
mmyers wrote:

No, he made one great example of a slasher film (FRIDAY 4) and one incredibly overrated piece of shit (THE PROWLER).

Zito could not have made a shit script into a classic. Not a fucking chance. The guy's a hack. A good director could make a lousy script into something better but pulling Zito's name out of thin air makes no sense. He has no personal style, just bland point-and-shoot. No different from Paul Lynch. Why you would think Zito's style would make PROM NIGHT somehow better is beyond me...

Maybe it's because Dobe really has his claws in you?

Maybe you should worship someone smarter or avoid BD altogether before you end up retarded.

Unless you really DO think Zito's a good director... in which case you're already retarded and no amount of re-education will help you.
Your too funny, Dave. I guess I am retarded. I think he is a good director, I think he made two amazing Slasher Films, and could do wonders with Prom Night.
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:01 am

Just thought of another one. Bring on the hate but, ALIEN would have been better if helmed by David Cronenberg.(sp?)
Back to top Go down
jimpickens

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:41 am

Madman would've been great if William Lustig was directing and Lord Of The Flies had Ruggero Deodato been at the helm would've made the movie watchable.
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:08 pm

I would of love to of seen FRIDAY THE 13TH Directed by Bob Clark
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:21 am

Cannibal Holocaust by Ron Howard
Back to top Go down
jimpickens

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:06 am

Wonder how his western The Missing would've been if Sergio Leone or Umberto Lenzi were at the helm or Splash with Rob Zombie directing it. Twisted Evil

Last edited by jimpickens on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory directed by David Lynch
Back to top Go down
Mapache

Mapache

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:04 am

High Plains Drifter directed by S. Leone.
Back to top Go down
jimpickens

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:42 am

Reservoir Dogs done by Sam Peckinpah, the Hostel movies done by the guy who made Last House On Dead End Street.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.   Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classics you would've liked to have seen directed by someone else.
Page 1 of 1