Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inglorius Bastards

Go down 
+3
mmyers
jimpickens
Dr. Butcher
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Butcher

Dr. Butcher

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Has anybody seen this cult actioner from the 70s? For years the rumour has been
that Tarentino wants to remake it with a big, hip cast..
Back to top Go down
jimpickens

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:55 am

I bought it from Shocking Videos two years ago and seriously doubt that Tarentino would do a good job.
Back to top Go down
mmyers

mmyers

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:28 pm

If it is worth it, they have it at my local moviestop.
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 am

tis a good flick, but definitely over hyped imho..... 7/10

I prefer other Fred Williamson flicks to this one

Also on the Tarantino note, its going to be TERRIBLE!!! I'm hearing Brad Pitt and BJ Novak (Ryan from the Office)???? I LOVE the office, but Ryan is no Inglorious bastard material and Eli Roth (who we all know is a fuckin wanker) Bad news dudes
Back to top Go down
Mapache

Mapache

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:58 pm

EddieDingle wrote:

Also on the Tarantino note, its going to be TERRIBLE!!! I'm hearing Brad Pitt and BJ Novak (Ryan from the Office)???? I LOVE the office, but Ryan is no Inglorious bastard material and Eli Roth (who we all know is a fuckin wanker) Bad news dudes

This may be the one that finally kills Tarantino's career. Supposedly, the production is going every which direction- comedy, action, gore etc. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Especially if Mike Myers is playing Hitler.
Back to top Go down
Dave
Admin
Dave

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:09 am

Mapache wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

This may be the one that finally kills Tarantino's career. Supposedly, the production is going every which direction- comedy, action, gore etc. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Especially if Mike Myers is playing Hitler.

Tarantino's career has been dead for years now. It's time the fanboys wake up and figure that out. His movies consistently under-perform and his homages have become tired and pointless. He needs to give it up. He's old news. Fact of the matter is he was never really important to begin with.

I haven't seen this movie in over ten years. Didn't like it then, doubt I'll like it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmsthatwitnessmadness.com
jimpickens

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:20 am

It'll the same old the tools on E and all the rest of the entertainment TV shows will fawn over it and all the fan boys that kiss his ass like Fangoria and so on and it will stink same old song and dance.
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:44 am

Mapache wrote:
EddieDingle wrote:

Mike Myers??? Oh god. QT what a fuckin douche

I hear people always saying "Its not a remake"

Well sure, word for word on the script it might not be a remake in that sense, but its called inglorious bastards and takes place in Europe during WW2....its a fuckin remake assholes
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

I don't think this movie will kill his career, considering to me it died the day Kill Bill came out. If anything this movie can only be a step up (and the script is indeed much better than his last 3 movies).
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
Mapache

Mapache

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:42 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
I don't think this movie will kill his career, considering to me it died the day Kill Bill came out. If anything this movie can only be a step up (and the script is indeed much better than his last 3 movies).

To my viewpoint his career ended when Oliver Stone took him in the back room and had his way with him for Natural Born Killers. Just about everyone involved with that turd disappeared afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Mapache wrote:
Colonel Mortimer wrote:

To my viewpoint his career ended when Oliver Stone took him in the back room and had his way with him for Natural Born Killers. Just about everyone involved with that turd disappeared afterwards.

I'm a huge fan of Jackie Brown which to me is by far his best film. But that didn't do anywhere near as well as he expected so he went all ADD with the Kill Bill films.
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:45 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Mapache wrote:
Colonel Mortimer wrote:

I'm a huge fan of Jackie Brown which to me is by far his best film. But that didn't do anywhere near as well as he expected so he went all ADD with the Kill Bill films.

Jackie brown > Pulp Fiction?!?!?!?!

Sure PF is a very well know often hyped up film, but a magnificent film nonetheless
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Yup! Pulp Fiction is fun, I give it that. But Jackie Brown is a lot less show offish and to me has better characters.

Plus it has Pam Grier and one of the best collected soundtracks I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Mapache

Mapache

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:51 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Yup! Pulp Fiction is fun, I give it that. But Jackie Brown is a lot less show offish and to me has better characters.

Plus it has Pam Grier and one of the best collected soundtracks I've ever heard.

Unfortunately, Mr. T tends to work harder on his soundtracks than anything else. I do agree that 2 characters in JB made that film- Grier and Robert Forster. Even DeNiro gave flashes of his early brilliance in it.
Back to top Go down
jimpickens

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:17 am

The only thing that this movie has in common with the original is the name and setting and from what I saw in the previews and read this movie doesn't sound good and I'll wait for it to come out on video. But the movie did do well on its opening day beating out District9 so he's pretty much redeemed himself after the Grindhouse fiasco.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inglorius Bastards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inglorius Bastards   Inglorius Bastards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inglorius Bastards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Exploitation Genres :: Action B's!-
Jump to: