Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ROLLING THUNDER (1977)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

ROLLING THUNDER (1977) Empty
PostSubject: ROLLING THUNDER (1977)   ROLLING THUNDER (1977) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:52 pm

]

"Major Charles Rane comes back from the war and is given a number of gifts from his hometown because he is a war hero. Some greedy thugs decide that they want to steal a number of silver dollars from him. In the process they also manage to kill his wife and son and destroy his hand. The Major wants revenge so he enlists the help of his war buddy Johnny to meet the thugs in a final showdown."
Back to top Go down
TheIronInspector

TheIronInspector

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING THUNDER (1977)   ROLLING THUNDER (1977) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:44 pm

I only watched this recently and really enjoyed it. Look out for a young Tommy Lee Jones and Roscoe P. Coltrane...you cant keep a good man down. Any chance of a decent dvd release?

www.ultimate-super-villain.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.ultimate-super-villain.blogspot.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING THUNDER (1977)   ROLLING THUNDER (1977) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:19 pm

TheIronInspector wrote:
I only watched this recently and really enjoyed it. Look out for a young Tommy Lee Jones and Roscoe P. Coltrane...you cant keep a good man down. Any chance of a decent dvd release?
Hopefully we'll get one, but I have a feeling that more major companies will be holding off on smaller, older flicks like this until blu ray takes off.

Then we'll have to wait until the companies have exhausted the more profitable entries in their libraries. Rolling Eyes

It'd be great to have a Devane-Schrader-Jones (if they can get him) commentary for this, or at least interviews.

I think there's been a bare-bones disc out for awhile, but nothing near the treatment this flick deserves.

I'll usually try to at least catch some of it when I come across it on pay-cable.

Saw Schrader the other day on THE DIRECTORS on the Reelz Channel and I'd really like to hear him talk more in-depth about this.

And for those who haven't seen this yet, it's not an action flick, so don't expect one. It's closer to TAXI DRIVER (for which Schrader wrote the script) with it's depiction on Devane's character's psychological meltdown than say, some stupid Seagal flick.
Back to top Go down
Sir Drittsekk

Sir Drittsekk

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING THUNDER (1977)   ROLLING THUNDER (1977) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:45 am

Good flick. It was on Showtime Extreme a few times before and in widescreen.

Of course MGM are taking their sweet ass time releasing it on DVD ... hopefully soon. Neutral
Back to top Go down
dead breed

dead breed

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING THUNDER (1977)   ROLLING THUNDER (1977) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:05 pm

dolemike wrote:
]

"Major Charles Rane comes back from the war and is given a number of gifts from his hometown because he is a war hero. Some greedy thugs decide that they want to steal a number of silver dollars from him. In the process they also manage to kill his wife and son and destroy his hand. The Major wants revenge so he enlists the help of his war buddy Johnny to meet the thugs in a final showdown."

This movie looks and sounds epic on so many levels. I must own this...
Back to top Go down
Mapache

Mapache

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING THUNDER (1977)   ROLLING THUNDER (1977) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:52 am

One of the last "Nam vets gone nuts" themed movies, before protests effectively put an end to them. Exceptional actioner, and one of Devane's best films. This should have made him a bigger star.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING THUNDER (1977)   ROLLING THUNDER (1977) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROLLING THUNDER (1977)
Page 1 of 1