Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Biker Flicks!

Go down 
+5
dead breed
Colonel Mortimer
ZebedyCostello
dolemike
BurtonOblivion
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm a big fan of the few outlaw biker movies I've seen (The Wild Once, Easy Rider, The Wild Angels) and own a couple I haven't seen...

But would love to get some chatter going about this cool counter culture subgenre started!

Biker Flicks! 144127~The-Wild-Angels-Posters

Biker Flicks! Easy-rider

Biker Flicks! BrandoWildOneBW

Biker Flicks! Wild_wideweb__470x281,0

Anyone have any favorites? Recommendations? Anyone know any real bikers? Anyone a biker?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:26 pm

BurtonOblivion wrote:
Anyone have any favorites? Recommendations? Anyone know any real bikers? Anyone a biker?

I didn't even notice this part of the post earlier.

I'm not a biker, but I've known quite a few.

Been to a shit load of biker parties too.

My favorite might have to be THE WILD ANGELS.

"We wanna be free! We wanna be free to ride! We wanna be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by 'the man'!

...And we wanna get loaded." Cool

I just get a kick out of it.

Unfortunately I have only seen a few.

Last time I ordered a bunch of movies, "Biker" was one of the genres that got shortchanged in favor of others. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 3:37 am

dolemike wrote:
BurtonOblivion wrote:

I didn't even notice this part of the post earlier.

I'm not a biker, but I've known quite a few.

Been to a shit load of biker parties too.

My favorite might have to be THE WILD ANGELS.

"We wanna be free! We wanna be free to ride! We wanna be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by 'the man'!

...And we wanna get loaded." Cool

I just get a kick out of it.

Unfortunately I have only seen a few.

Last time I ordered a bunch of movies, "Biker" was one of the genres that got shortchanged in favor of others. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, The Wild Angels is probably my favorite that I've seen.
Back to top Go down
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 2:23 pm

I to have a weak spot for those biker flicks, THE WILD ANGELS with Peter Fonda is excellent, love the speech he gives in the church at his mates funeral "we wanna be free to do what we wanna do", and then they throw a party.
Got the film on a double feature with Helles Belles which is ok, bout a racing biker who has his bike pinched and basically go's to get it back....another good film.
Also got the MINI SKIRT MOB, its the mini skirt that sold it for me, with CHROME AND HOT LEATHER as the other film, havn't seen either of these yet so i cant really comment, give me couple of days, i'll try and get some watched.

Now i remember when i was a little sprog and i was sitting in the living room with my dad watching a film about Hells Angels terrorizing a community that had flick knives coming from out of the front of their boots, do you think i can remember the tiltle, hell no!!! Please help, someone, i'd love to see that film again.
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Is Hell's Belles really any good? I too own that double feature, but just haven't gotten around to watching it.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:44 pm

Sounds like they missed out on a good marketing opportunity to me. The Motorbike Thieves would have made a great title, they even could have used a mock version of The Bicycle Thieves poster.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
ZebedyCostello

ZebedyCostello

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:29 pm

BurtonOblivion wrote:
Is Hell's Belles really any good? I too own that double feature, but just haven't gotten around to watching it.

I enjoyed it, ok for a shitty sunday afternoon with a few beers....
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:03 am

Just watched The Wild Angels I actually found it pretty boring. Corman is usually more 'fun' than this. Probably doesn't help that I've been watching Russ Meyer all day either.
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:44 am

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Just watched The Wild Angels I actually found it pretty boring. Corman is usually more 'fun' than this. Probably doesn't help that I've been watching Russ Meyer all day either.

affraid

Probably my favorite biker flick.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:58 pm

I still enjoyed it but I hated all the characters and it was nowhere near as exciting as it could have been. It was really well shot though.
Back to top Go down
dead breed

dead breed

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:09 am

Easy Rider turns my crank. I love this movie, I love how they just travel around smoking and just taking it as it comes.
Back to top Go down
Mapache

Mapache

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:48 pm

Hell's Angels '69 is one of my favorites. Electra Glide in Blue is my fav of the big budgets.
Back to top Go down
The Stank of Mangina

The Stank of Mangina

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:54 am

Mapache wrote:
Hell's Angels '69 is one of my favorites. Electra Glide in Blue is my fav of the big budgets.

Im gonna have to check those out they both look good. Pentagram has a sweet song about Electra glide.

Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:10 pm

I was just about to throw in HELL'S ANGELS '69 last night, but happened to notice that THE WILD ANGELS was just starting on TCM & EASY RIDER was going to be on after.

Watched RUN ANGEL RUN (with Biker flick king William Smith) a few weeks back and it was alright.

A few weeks before that I watched THE LOSERS aka 'NAM ANGELS (also with Smith).

That one's a total winner.

Sort of like an UNCOMMON VALOR type of deal with a biker gang recruited to rescue an American prisoner of the VietCong.

Highly recommended!
Back to top Go down
EddieDingle

EddieDingle

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 am

Recently watched Angles Wild Women....and loved it

How is "Stone"?
Back to top Go down
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 pm

HELLS ANGELS '69 was pretty damn good.

Two rich brothers (well, one's rich-the other, not so much) decide that for kicks they're gonna rip off Caesar's Palace by posing as Hells Angels.

Good heist.biker flick that gets a little thin in the end, but still works.

Stars the real Hells Angels!
Back to top Go down
Mapache

Mapache

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:11 am

Kind of a Ocean's Eleven without the high priced baggage-the stars. Barger would be headed to SQ in the future.
Back to top Go down
jimpickens

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:35 am

Hellride is pretty good homage to biker flicks other than that unless you count the Sons Of Anarchy TV show I haven't watched any biker movies lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biker Flicks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker Flicks!   Biker Flicks! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biker Flicks!
Page 1 of 1