Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968) Empty
PostSubject: WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)   WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:18 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchfinder_General_%28film%29
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063285/

"England is torn in civil strife as the Royalists battle the Parliamentary Party for control. This conflict distracts people from rational thought and allows unscrupulous men to gain local power by exploiting village superstitions. One of these men is Matthew Hopkins, who tours the land offering his services as a persecutor of witches. Aided by his sadistic accomplice John Stearne, he travels from city to city and wrenches confessions from "witches" in order to line his pockets and gain sexual favors. When Hopkins persecutes a priest, he incurs the wrath of Richard Marshall, who is engaged to the priest's niece. Risking treason by leaving his military duties, Marshall relentlessly pursues the evil Hopkins and his minion"(IMDB)

Not so much horror as a period, historical drama with definite horror undertones.

For my money, Vincent Price has never been better than in this film.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Mortimer
Admin
Colonel Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)   WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Film rules! Price's character isn't as fun as say Phibes but it's definitely a great role. I haven't seen this film in ages.
Back to top Go down
https://exploitnation.forumotion.com
dolemike
Admin
dolemike

PostSubject: Re: WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)   WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 pm

Colonel Mortimer wrote:
Film rules! Price's character isn't as fun as say Phibes but it's definitely a great role. I haven't seen this film in ages.

God knows I loves me some Phibe's, but his performance as Hopkins has to be his most dark & downright menacing role and he pulls it off with flying colors.

No tongue-in-cheek humor or haminess here!
Back to top Go down
BurtonOblivion
BurtonOblivion

PostSubject: Re: WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)   WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:35 am

Love this film. I cannot get enough Price, and this is definitely one of his best performances.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/advocacyrising
3OAM

PostSubject: Re: WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)   WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:29 pm

This is probably my favorite of the Midnite Movie collection.

It has such an atmosphere that makes you remember it after seeing it. Something about it sticks with you. I really like that about movies. It seems so rare nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)   WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WITCHFINDER GENERAL aka THE CONQUEROR WORM (1968)
Page 1 of 1